- PRESIDENT'S REMARKS: ADAM KREMEN, PH.D.
- PIECE OF MIND: RICHARD ALMOND, M.D., PALO ALTO PSYCHOANALYTIC PSYCHOTHERAPY TRAINING PROGRAM
- MAKING LINKS: PSYCHOANALYSIS ON THE WEB
- PSYCHOANALYSIS ON THE STREET: MELISSA ANDERSON, M.A., INSTITUTE ON AGING
- EVENT SPOTLIGHT: UNFREE ASSOCIATION: THE POLITICS AND PSYCHOLOGY OF TORTURE IN A TIME OF TERROR
EVENT SPOTLIGHT: UNFREE ASSOCIATION: THE POLITICS AND PSYCHOLOGY OF TORTURE IN A TIME OF TERROR
The U.S. government's policies and practices in its "War on Terror" have created deep divisions across the country and around the world. None has been more inflammatory than the evidence of torture practices within the military and intelligence services. The APA has also been embroiled in ethical and political controversy over psychologists' consulting role in the military's treatment of detainees.
Our speakers will examine the history of American involvement in state torture, the history of the military psychology section of the APA, and the present conflict within the APA over its policy of allowing psychologists to participate in the design and implementation of military interrogation techniques.
Date: Saturday, March 17, 2007
Time: 9 - 4 PM
Location: UCSF Laurel Heights Conference Center, San Francisco
Participants: Neil Altman, Ph.D., Ghislaine Boulanger, Ph.D., Nancy Hollander, Ph.D., Elissa Marder, Ph.D. and Stephen Soldz, Ph.D.
For registration information, please call John McGlothlin at (415) 922-4050.
Want EVENT SPOTLIGHT to shine on your upcoming analytic happening? You'll find oursubmission guidelines illuminating.